porcelanosa 1m long ceramic tile...cutting problem/help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have bought some tiles 1m long from Porcelanosa which are glazed just on the top...ie slighest knock and they chip.

I have spent ages trying different techniques on cutting these tiles.
I have a rubi tile cutter that when i score the tile from the front chips it...so tried cutting the tile from the back which does work if you are cutting enough off the tile..its when you try cuuting the 1cm off thats the problem.

Tried the rubi electric cutter...chips it again...from either side cut.
Tried diamond disc in hand held 4" grinder... chips from front but do it from back not all the way through and then break it and its a hit and miss and as these tileswork out about 18.00 EACH I cant afford to make mistakes.

I want a nice clean perfect edge???
Any help /advice from you pros out there would be appreciated
Hell of a tile though to work with ...ie in size to cut, easily damage etc...but will hopefully look lovely if I finally get any on the wall.

thanks

Sponsored Links
£18 per tile, you must either be made of money or bonkers.

To engage in a project that involves singularly expensive products such as yours, also requires the tools that can deal with such expensive products.

It would be like buying delicate hand made ceramic antique tiles and laying them with a lump hammer.

Either get something cheaper, get a pro' on board or get real.

Sponsored Links
Are they the flat gloss white ones (Marmi blanco), I've used the smaller 600mm ones they do in the same range before and am using them now.

I find you need a brand new wheel in a manual cutter and very light pressure when you score it. Thats using a TS-700 plus

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back