potterton 10=16 mk2f netaheat span spins,no pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i start the water up on the programmer.
the fan spins,but i dont hear the click of the pressure switch.
pilot light doesnt come on.
took the brass barrel out of the tube(which goes to the pressure switch) and the hole in the end was clear.
Blew down the tube,and heard the click of the pressure switch.
i did this with the electric off on the programmer.
wondering if the fan is spinning enough to create enough pressure to activate the air pressure switch?
it was working a few days ago.
anyone help me out hear please.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hope you put the'brass barrel' back as it is this that gives the delay for the pre ignition purge.

Normal warning regarding these boilers they are positive pressure boilers that can leak products of combustion, flue gasses including Carbon Monoxide, back into the property.

They are NOT the type of boiler to be worked on by a DIYer without the necessary knowledge, skill and equipment to ensure they are left in a safe condition.

Sponsored Links
i did this with the electric off on the programmer.

How come the boiler was spinning the fan then :confused:
maybe i didnt put it down right.
i did test the boiler with the electric on,and heard the fan spinning,but no pilot light on.
then turned the electric off to look at the brass barrel,then blew down the tube and heard the click.
yes,i did put the brass barrel back(restrictor)
thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back