Potterton 80, bypass valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've read an online manual for the boiler of house we recently moved into, and it says it should have a bypass valve fitted to work correctly.

Ours does not have one, could this be an issue if we don't?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's a baxi potterton 80 combi boiler... Thoughts rote it down sorry...

Apart from that I don't know much else... No header tank or cylinder, combi does hot water and heating, hot water is fine... Boiler is in a cupboard in the bathroom, small 2 up 2 down terrace, me n misses only.

The combi instructions says it needs a bypass valve to help balance the system... Could this cause many lockouts? The expansion vessel needed recharging, pressure is okay now, but still locks out, pump works okay.

Thanks

you will probably have a radiator without a Thermostat usually the bathroom sometimes the hall if you do then that is your by-pass and lockouts are not connected

Boiler is in a cupboard in the bathroom, small 2 up 2 down terrace, me n misses only.

Thanks

Its only one line but thats very important information about a boiler installation and use.

Such a pity most posters dont bother to give that basic information.

Well done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back