Potterton 80e clicks repeatedly and then fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Potterton 80e boiler which is playing up. It clicks, you hear a whirr as the fan starts and then a second or so later it clicks again and the fan turns off. It might do this 20 or 30 times before the boiler will fire.

I have removed the red hose, sucked and blowed and it clicks each time.

Any ideas what the cause is?

Thanks for any help

Mark

PS occasionally I have to press the reset button.

Sponsored Links
Not related to OH stat.

Either a dry joint on board , pilot solinoid letting-by or a flue issue.

Is the pilot alight with the boiler stat in the off position?

Most likely the PCB id faulty - but get a RGI to diagnose it properly as PCB's arn't cheap so you want better than a guess! ;)

Not related to OH stat.

Either a dry joint on board , pilot solinoid letting-by or a flue issue.

Is the pilot alight with the boiler stat in the off position?

With the boiler stat in the '0' position the pilot light is not lit. The pilot light only sparks when the boiler is firing up. (I hope I have answered what you asked!)

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Shine a torch into the flue from outside , is inner flue corroded/fallen appart?

If not then board shot.

Shine a torch into the flue from outside , is inner flue corroded/fallen appart?

If not then board shot.

The inner flue is in pristine condition so looks like the PCB. Where would you suggest I buy that from?

Many thanks

Mark

Get someone in to check it out , could be a few issues not mentioned in previous posts , obviously gas related info is not allowed in here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back