Potterton Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Kingfisher Mf has worked well for many years except that it regularly locks out. This used to happen only every few months, but is now almost daily, mostly at :( night. It immediately switches back on when the reset button is pressed, and works fine until the next lock out. Any ideas (even my plumber is flumoxed) ???

Sponsored Links
What is your heating system and what controls/valves do you have on it?

RS or CFL ?
Gravity or fully pumped ?

If its a RS it maybe just the pilot needs cleaning

CFL could be far more worrying

Sponsored Links
My Potterton Kingfisher Mf has worked well for many years except that it regularly locks out. ...(even my plumber is flumoxed) ???
Any boiler that locks out regularly is not installed properly in my book, no wonder your plumber has no idea what the fault is.

Similar as in it is made by the same company and carries out the same function in exactly the same way! :rolleyes:

Similar as in it is made by the same company and carries out the same function in exactly the same way! :rolleyes:
I think not, the suprima, I believe, has an overheat stat as well as a thermister,whereas the MF only has a thermister, therefore they could not possibly work in "exactly the same way"

This is getting pathetic!!!! all the OP wanted was some help and here we all are posting like a bunch of Kids, the fact is the PCB on the Pott MF could be causing the fault the OP described, of course cthe real answer is to get a Boiler Service Engineer in front of it!

This is getting pathetic!!!! all the OP wanted was some help and here we all are posting like a bunch of Kids, , of course cthe real answer is to get a Boiler Service Engineer in front of it![/quote]

Thanks fellas for your responses, I didn't mean you to fall out over it. The boiler is a CFL, fitted by my plumber who is now on pre-retirement leave, hence my dilemma. My best guess was that the overheat thermostat was faulty. I've turned down the boiler temperature, and so far so good ..... :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back