Potterton Combi Boiler loosing preassure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a peculiar problem with my Potterton Combi Boiler (Potterton 28). The system looses preassure, when cold the gauge shows 0 Bar !! .. but when running it is about 2 - 2.5 Bar !!
The Boiler does not seem to cut off even at 0 Bar when it's cold !!
It did have a minor leak about 2 months ago which was fixed and there are no more leaks now.
The tempreature gauge (on the boiler) show that the water temp of 80 - 80+, I am not sure what is happenning. I called a local engineer he suggested a leak and injected Leak Sealer into the system but it still has the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have the same problem as me, Expansion vessel. Press the "tyre like valve", if water comes out, u need a new one. in the process of sorting mine out too! What is happening, is the pressure is getting 2.5 bar and the pressure relief valve is opening (to stop the boiler over pressurising and going bang!) and that's where the water is leaking from (outside pipe)

Hope this helps!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back