potterton gold 24he - no pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys any ideas

got a just over 2yr old potterton gold he 24 boiler, came home last night no hot water, pilot light out, thought it may have blew out as windy

hit reset all good sparked up and no issues

got up this morning and same again, have tried to relight and nothing,

all the pumps and stuff seem fine, can smell gas when try to relight (outside), you hear it clicking and stuff the red no pilot comes on

not a gas engineer but stripped it down a bit to look for the thermocouple (like old boiler had) , this new unit has a 3 piece unit and not a single like was on my old boiler,

took it off , did not look that worn, scrubbed soot and debris off, also checked the gap between prongs as per the manual,

put it all back together and tested , still nothing

any ideas ?

jase

Sponsored Links
put it all back together and tested , still nothing

any ideas ?

You will have probably compromised the safe working of your boiler. There are no pilots or thermocouples on that boiler. Only advice you will get here is to have a registered engineer sort it for you. Doing it yourself is not advised.

Put back and tested, what exactly did u test then? As 45years said leave it to a pro you could have upset ur oiler even more by "testing" it,
Ps was the thermocouple ok?

guys it was nothing that more than move a few screws and check, all in the manual

no thermo couple too new all electronic at that point i said enough , over my head

bit the bullet and phoned B Gas , £99 one off to fix but had to take out cover

so will wait and see,

min one off was £199 so easier taking cover out

Sponsored Links
Good to hear u are getting someone in but believe me on boilers its never just a few screws, to change the ratio is "just a screw" and if u turn that u could really feck things up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back