Potterton neataheat 10-60 boiler ketteling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,please could anyone give me advice on my extremely noisy boiler.
When i have got the central heating on, approx five to ten seconds before the boiler switches itself off it sounds like it is boiling the water in the pipes to the cylinder.This happens on every heat cycle and is extremely noisy at night.
Any advice to its cause and rectification would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Assuming you meant it's a 10-16 boiler you should check that the flow & return pipes are connected correctly; or more relevant perhaps, has the pump been replaced recently, and is it installed the correct way around!
Otherwise it may be a case of sludge in the boiler. There are various chemicals available to disperse sludge in conjunction with a system flush, though hiring a powerflushing machine will do a much better job.

MM

It sounds to me as if the thermostat is set too high and is allowing the boiler to boil just before switching it off.

How high is the knob set at?

What happens when you turn it down a bit?

Tony

Thanks for your replies guys.
Tony you were spot on, the setting knob was actually broken and the boiler although set to three was actually on full.
Many thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Yes, I had noticed that when I popped round to have a look while you were out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back