Potterton not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Netaheat Electronic EP3000 gas boiler (about 18 years old). The problem started about three months ago, seems to be getting worse and is as follows. When I switch the boiler (heating and water) onto constant for the first time (after it has been off overnight for example) the fan comes on, the pilot ignites and the boiler burns as it should. After a while the burner turns off (as it should). Then when the pilot is supposed to reignite to recommence burning it fails to do so. The ignition spark can be seen to be working (through the window), but the pilot isn't working - the fan works and the ignition spark clicks repeatedly, but nothing ignites. If I turn the boiler off for a while (maybe 2-3 hours) and then turn it on again, the pilot ignites as it should (and the problem proceeds again as described above). So the problem seems to occur after the boiler has been running for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back