Potterton Performa 24 - replacing DHW HEX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been quoted ~450 quid by british gas to replace the DHW heat exchanger in my Potterton Performa 24. I've seen this part for sale for about 60 though, and would like to either clean the one i've got or replace it myself.

Can it be done? I've found a good manual for the unit on www.partsarena.com.

Or is there someone out there who can do it for a lot less than british gas?

FYI I'm in Hackney.

Many thanks,
Tom

Sponsored Links
I work for baxi....they do a fixed price repair....299.....or get a local to do it. It's not a difficult job

You are jokin :eek: :eek: the part is less than £ 30 to buy and even IF it need the new washers these are only £10 and it takes less than ten minutes to change.

Parts from www.gas-spares.co.uk the performa 24 is the same as baxi 80e. but phone call to them will confirm or take it out and soak it in sentinel ferroquest for a few hours have heard that overnight in white vinegar will also clean it

for that price they may be fitting a magnaclean aswell as the heat exchanger to help prevent further carp getting back to the boiler.

Phone the call centre and ask for a 2nd opinion.

Sponsored Links
Fook me, engineer that quoted that didnt want to do it did he!!

I do chargeable plate heat exchangers for a fixed labour fee of £108 normally.

typical ****ish gas! £450 for what should cost around £100. They should be on rogue traders! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back