potterton performa 28 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a fault with my boiler it is a potterton performa 28 . My friend is a plumber and fitted it about 5 years ago .He has asked all the plumbers and engineers on sites and the main supplier of these boilers, they all have said they have not come across this fault before . :( :cry:

The fault is no hot water or heating nothig is working and there is no fault light coming on. When i reset nothing happens , but if i run the hot water and keep the reset button turned to the left gas the lights and lights on the panel come on as heating the water but as i let go of reset the gas and all lights go out .

i have wedged the reset button so it does not spring back . I use the electrical switch to turn on and off . I now have hot water but no heating can anyone help with this problem.I have my elderly mother living with me and can not afford to replace the boiler at the moment

Sponsored Links
does sound like an unusual problem. I could only guess and I would be tempted to say PCB. Mabybe a Potty expert might have had this. I've replaced a few performa pcb's over the years, but not with this fault. NTC's fail often aswell, and worth changing for unusual behaviour just as a precaution. Have you inspected the PCB for signs of scorching or dry soldered connections?

You don't need a new boiler, just someone good at boiler repairs rather than installations.

This would need somebody in front of the boiler to diagnose this properly, but it could be something simple as the selector switch broken/faulty.

Baxi/Potterton do a fixed price repair of £299 including a years warranty on this boiler.

does sound like an unusual problem I could only guess and I would be tempted to say PCB. Mabybe a Potty expert might have had this. I've replaced a few performa pcb's over the years, but not with this fault. NTC's fail often aswell, and worth changing for unusual behaviour just as a precaution. Have you inspected the PCB for signs of scorching or dry soldered connections?
thanks mick

Sponsored Links
You don't need a new boiler, just someone good at boiler repairs rather than installations.

This would need somebody in front of the boiler to diagnose this properly, but it could be something simple as the selector switch broken/faulty.

Baxi/Potterton do a fixed price repair of £299 including a years warranty on this boiler.
thanks dave

There is a kind of Government sponsored organisation called Warmfront which will provide free or subsidised heating repairs or installations for those people who cannot afford them.

One of the people I went to were going to have their boiler replaced free on that scheme.

Outside was a AS55 plate spacewagon and a BS52 Golf. Evidently they still give grants to people who can afford to have two quite modern cars.

Tony

There is a kind of Government sponsored organisation called Warmfront which will provide free or subsidised heating repairs or installations for those people who cannot afford them.

One of the people I went to were going to have their boiler replaced free on that scheme.

Outside was a AS55 plate spacewagon and a BS52 Golf. Evidently they still give grants to people who can afford to have two quite modern cars.

Tony
thanks tony
i will give them a try. my mother is over 80 and gets a care allowance for some help in caring but thats to pay for some much needed help. we have hot water and use a oil rad in her room .i'll try anyway thanks again

Get the wiring to the selector switch checked. Then get the wiring to the selector switch checked, again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back