potterton profile 40E fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton profile 40e which has the following fault.
the hot water is fine, if i turn up the thermo on the tank the heater starts and all works ok.
the heating is not working at all If I turn the thermo for the heating up it does not stat the heater. I can hear the thermo clicking as I turn it up and down so it appears to be working.
If I run the shower or the bath for 5 mins or so the heating comes on so it would appear that as the temperature in the tank goes down the heat heater is heating the water but the heating is also coming on. I have switched the heating off on the control so it is now set for water only, but as the tank is emptied ie form having a bath or shower the heating still comes on.
This has all worked fine for years and nothing has changed recently. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the problem.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have a sticking motorised valve.
by just about understanding your post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back