Potterton Profile 50e Overheat? No Pilot light!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Profile 50e will not light. Please somebody reassure me that I have not meddled to far and knackered it!!

I recently changed the grundfos pump as the old one was gunged up with red/brown rusty crap. The new pump was working fine and there is water does dribble out when I take the bleed screw out.

Also I have drained some water from the header tank and put some sludge remover in. Everything was working fine and everything seems to be working (pump, controller, fan works and boiler makes all the right noises.

I hope this is not the cause of an over-heat shutting the boiler off.

I have tried the reset switch and turning the boiler on and off in accordance with Potterton instructions downloaded from their site. Still no pilot light.

Perhaps I should drain the system and refill it? Could I have trapped air in the system somehow as the pipes and water tank do gurgle when I switch it on?

:cry: Help!

Sponsored Links
SUre you could have air in the pipes but if that was making the boiler cook it would pop out the reset button underneath. The boiler doesn't have a permanent pilot. It has a spark ignition, which you should just about hear ticking about once a second if you put your ear to the boiler front. The wire comes from the left rear of the electronics box as you look at it - they frequently become unconnected, on the board or off it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back