potterton puma 100 not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton puma 100 that had blown fuses in both the spur and circuit board, i have replaced both and all seems to be as before but when the hot water or central heating is demanded the boiler won't fire. The pilot light is constantly lit but obviously something has blown that stops the boiler firing? Can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
check dhw water flow valve behind drop down pcb panel these leak down to terminal block fitted below, may also have faulty modulation pcb top l/hand connection terminal sparks when wires moved

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, it seems that it was only a badly soldered joint on the pcb that i,ve now repaired, or at least i hope so! :)

I was quoted up to £110 for a new panel but did eventually find one for £76 if required. Just goes to show that there's a few sharks about!

There's nothing Shark-like about an installer quoting you the retail price. Like anything else there are vendors who sell at a discount. You wouldn't expect an electrician to install sockets and only charge Wickes' price.

You have probably resoldered the connection at the top left corner of the board. In which case you have a board full of bad connections, some of which will be on safety circuits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back