Potterton Puma 100e - hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help?

I have hot water but the central heating only comes on occasionally. When the heating does come on it tends to turn itself off after an hour or so. Sometimes this seems to happen when the hot water is turned on for more than a few seconds. The boiler also randomly turns itself on and the water is very hot.

An engineer from British Gas changed the divertor but this has not solved the problem. There are no leaks or dripping taps and the pressure is fine.

BG have suggested that I may need to get the radiator system flushed out and or a new boiler (at great expense). I'm going to get a second opinion but in the meantime any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would still be likely to diagnose it as a failed diverter!

Did you see him fitting it?

Can also be a leaking hot water pipe under the floor!

Tony

since you have bg, call them out again, we also have a potty puma (100e) it took them about 5 visits to get it right (although ours kept locking out)

the engineers are on a time limit / job , so they will say anything to get out.

we have bg because we could find no good heating engineer, we did try and have had several others visit (dont ask)

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the engineer definately changed the diverter, I saw the old one he had taken out (it was all sooty inside?).

We had a new bathroom fitted recently so maybe there is a leak somewhere. I will investigate further.

Think it might be time to call BG again!

Sponsored Links
A simple test to see if there is a leak holding the diverter off is to turn off the cold water supply to the boiler or just to the whole house.

Even one drip every 10 seconds will hold off the CH !

Tony

Yes, the engineer definately changed the diverter, I saw the old one he had taken out (it was all sooty inside?).

So just the front of the wax stat fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back