Potterton Puma 80 - pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently the low system pressure warning light came on although guage displayed pressure at 1.5 bar. I intially disconnected the switch, and boiler fired up on hot water demand and central heating. I replaced the switch and everything seemed fine. I noticed however that when central heating was switched on, system pressure slowly crept up towards 3 bar. I had recharged it up to 1.5 following switch change. I also noticed a leak from the cap on the auto air vent which I also subsequently replaced. Still have the pressure increasing with central heating on. Hot water fine, rads heating up. Any suggestions as to what might be causing the pressure to increase ? Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
The pressure will creep up, as long as it doesn't go above 3 bar there is no problem. Have the expansion vessel checked next service.

Thanks for the response, I'll check the exp vessel. In the meantime, I reduced the system pressure to just above 1 bar, and with CH on pressure seems to stabilise around 2 and a quarter, so hopefully it will see us through the winter.

Regards
Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back