Potterton Puma - Water Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Puma 100e. Works fine in every respect, except that the water temperature doesn't stay constant when taking a shower - it goes from hot, to cold and back again constantly - hot-cold-hot-cold....etc. The cycle of hot to cold probably takes a minute or so. I inherited this boiler when I moved into my new house a couple of months ago, and it's been doing it all the time. Not sure how old it is - I'd guess between 7-9 years. Just had British Gas look at it under a Homecare agreement and they said I'd need a thermostatically controlled mixer. I'm sceptical about this, as I've had other combi-boilers in previous properties with only very basic mixer taps, but never had any such problem...

Is there a fault with this boiler? Am I being fobbed off? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Does the hot water stay at a constant temp from the bath tap?

Sponsored Links
:oops: Sorry, should have been clearer here - there's no seperate shower - it's on the bath-tap mixer...

You need to accurately measure the temp at a hot outlet with approx 12lt/min flow over a period of 2-3 minutes.

Let us know the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back