potterton suprima 40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having trouble with this boiler as in that when calling for heat and hot water the fan and pump work ok but no spark at the burner then the boiler trips out.
Looking at the pcb i see burn marks on it and assume it is knacked as this is a common fault on these boilers.
if i wanted to test the air flow switch how do i do this, could some one tell me in detail how to carry out this test.

thanks in advance.
;)

Sponsored Links
I take you mean 'air pressure switch'
If you look through my past postings you will find the detail you want.
basically fan operates a diaphram which operates a micro switch.With fan operated by a independent electric supply you can check for continuity across the leads from the micro switch.Make sure temporary live replaces permanent live on the fan otherwise fan will rotate wrong way .
I do believe I have detailed this on more than one occasion so suggest you look at them all.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back