Potterton Suprima 50 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Had a wee search for this, but nothing obvious came up, so I apologise if this has already been mentioned.

Got a Potterton Suprima 50 boiler, probably 6 years old. Last week, it failed to do its thing and warm up the water in the morning (only calling for HW currently due to the 'summer'). I reset it, and once more all was normal.

One evening since then I heard the boiler firing up, when it was after the time slot for the HW - i.e. the boiler is firing up when the timers are not on. Been paying attention now and it is doing this lots. Water and gas pressure seem normal.

My touppence makes me think there is an open circuit on the CH/HW for some reason so that it is permanently calling, regardless of the timer, but I know nothing, so anyone who knows about these things got an opinion on a) cause b) how to fix it??

Sponsored Links
For a circuit to be open, there would be no call for heat. If it closed then there would be.

The boiler has it's own permanent live supply so is entirely capable of firing all by itself if there is a fault on it's PCB.

However, the most sensible thing to do would be to identify if one of its external controls is causing the problem, and you will need a multimeter to do this to have a poke around the wiring centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back