Potterton Suprima Repair or Replace

Sponsored Links
Get ADL to have alook as hes closest and maybe he can sort it out cheaper than the prices given , maybe he will find it's summat else.

If not he will change the boiler for you ! ;)

As far as I recall PC would charge me about the same as a BG fixed price repair.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Nobody at their computer can say that any boiler fault is definately the problem.

I always check everything else before changing the PCB.

There is one of these boilers locally and I have been to repair it perhaps three times and its never been the PCB. Fan, APS, venturi etc.

But sometime it will be the PCB ! But I have been suggesting a new boiler might be a good idea as he wants to relocate the boiler.

Tony

Thanks for all your replies.

I was away for the weekend and when I got back on Sunday night the boiler was really miss behaving.

It now just cuts out whilst running and locks out. Previously it just locked out with trying to spark up whilst in lock out.

Defo need to get someone in soon (Driving my missus insane) to fix it!

May just have to take the BG hit and hope for the best.

I appreciate that it is almost impossible to say whether or not it is the PCB.

ADL what do you charge to fault find. For your info I am not far out of Westhoughton (Hindley Green)

We charge £84 to diagnose a fault in our local area but in the case of this boiler would only go armed with the part as its probably 90% likely to be the PCB based on what you have said.

That totals about £260 so I would always suggest a BG repair to the customer.

I have sometimes still been called to these because the customer is happy to pay more to have a same day repair.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back