Potterton - symptoms of faulty diverter valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Performa 24

I think my diverter valve is almost on the blink, but would like some reassurance or advice otherwise from my symptoms below

-CH kicks in either via program or if i turn it to instant on - no problem.
-HW does not kick in if i turn on 1 tap, but it does if I turn on 2 taps.

I have visually inspected the combi and i can see that the diverter valve struggles to come out with only 1 tap on, but comes out fine when 2 taps are on.

Questions
------------

1) Is my diverter valve faulty? Or is this something else?
2) Why would the pin on the diverter valve stuggle to come out with only 1 tap on vs 2 - is this something to do with pressure?

Thanks in advance

JAMIE

Sponsored Links
Holed diaphragm in the diverter valve.

(Yawn!)

Thanks for your response - thus diverter valve needs either to be replaced or serviced using the kit?

What would you recommend and do you know/recommend anybody to do the work in SW London (Clapham)

What is an approximate charge for this work (trying not to get ripped off!)

Thanks very much

Jamie

Oh Claaa'aahm! Something like a £60 visit and a few pounds for the part(s) - front gland might be leaking? Depends if you can park and what time of day you want it done perhaps.

That assumes the keyboard diagnosis is correct of course!

I've been to Battersea Rise and Queenstown Road and Balham Hill in the last couple of days....

Sponsored Links
Oh Claaa'aahm! Something like a £60 visit and a few pounds for the part(s) - front gland might be leaking? Depends if you can park and what time of day you want it done perhaps.

That assumes the keyboard diagnosis is correct of course!

I've been to Battersea Rise and Queenstown Road and Balham Hill in the last couple of days....

Perfect - when are you free? Perhaps give ma a call ******* and we can go from there. Yes, you can park for free after 8.30 and i its pay and display before then.

Im just off the high street from Clap Common :)

hi jamie
just read your post and would suggest it very unwise to post your full phone number and approx location in an open forum mate, anybody and everybody now knows that chris has responded to you and could call you impersonating him to arrange a visit to your house,not trying to frighten you,but be very carefull the net can be and is a dangerous place to leave personal information.

Er yeah.
If someone turns up to look at your boiler who's young, athletic, tall and handsome..........

it's not me and he's after your girl :LOL:

hairy.png

Thanks to Chris my combi is now fixed
Was the diaphram which had had been stretched and had a tear in it!

Great service! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back