Power flush

Sponsored Links
I checked last night and it's definetly not pumping over so I can eliminate that from my enquiries!!

I think the boiler problem is down to a blockage somewhere... maybe even in the condensation pipe or in the flue... either way I am hoping the plumber tomorrow will be able to solve the cutting out issue and the corrosion issue and also get my downstairs radiators hot all over... should be easy after I've cleaned the system for him!

I am really glad I found this forum, it is really helpful to have some advice. I remember when I was young and naive and the boiler was first installed the boiler stopped working and I called out the installer only to be told the pipes had frozen. I asked why they hadn't lagged them when it recommends in the manual and they said 'our mild winter means that lagging isn't necessary and customers don't like to pay for this on the install cost'. I swallowed this and the call out charge to unfreeze the pipes, I didn't swallow the price they quoted to lag the pipe of £50.

Sponsored Links
Just an update - the plumber turned up today and after a look around and a test of the system decided that a sealed system would solve the problem.

Apparently the system is full of air and as the pipes and radiators are really old is just causing corrosion. The boiler kept cutting out due to a problem with the return pipe and in order to protect itself cuts out to prevent overheating. Ironically he reckoned the boiler buddy was causing some issues!

He said that as the boiler is new and the system is so old it can cause problems and he was surprised that had an open vent system.

Quoted max £300 to do all the work and remove tank from the loft which I have agreed. I am hoping that will be the end of it all!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back