Power pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump for power worked great for a year but now have a problem I can't seem to fathom.
The pump starts fine then a minute or two into a great shower the tone of the pump changes, the water pressure starts to drop, it gets a little hotter and once or twice stops completely - after leaving it a while it starts to work again but then the whole process starts all over again.
I've flushed the pump of debris, cleaned all the filters in the pump and the shower tap and cleaned the shower head.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
@OP

Did you get this sorted?

I'm having the same issues exactly. ALways worked fine until recently.

Sponsored Links
HAHA!

Good call.

Anyway, he had the exact same issue as me, so I thought it worth a try.

The pump is boxed in behind the wardrobe - so I was hoping for a "oh, that's easy, it'll be the blah blah blah"

ho hum

erm, I don't think so as it's been in there for years.

I will check though.

I'm finding it gives enough time to shower yourself with water - then I turn it off while I wash - then I turn it back on to rinse. I guess it lasts about 3 minutes properly, then the pump tone changes and the shower just dribbles.

To my mind - for a 'power shower' it's never really been that good.

It has those shower jets that come out horizontally too - but they are always switched off.

Actually I did get it fixed, turned out to be a problem in the loft with the tank the shower drew its cold water from - we changed a little plastic flow jet where the water comes in, from a small one one to a larger one, and the shower has worked perfectly ever since.

Hope this helps - and shame on the person who had no faith that you'd get a reply !!! HA HA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back