Power shower, air in pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had two power showers in my home for 10 years. After recent heavy use (all the bridesmaids) they both packed in. One burnt out the printed circuit. the other just gave up the ghost. Fitted new one and replaced the circuit board in the other. Now they are both suffering from air in the pipes. When I disconnect the pipes from the showers and run the water through hot and cold pipes the problem goes the shower works for one day and then needs to be re-drained. Has anyone any idea what is causing this. I have tried fitting a tap on each of the long pipe runs to drain off the air to no value. If I fit air traps (which one should I choose) will this solve the problem and how did it suddenly appear after ten years

Sponsored Links
I think your new pump is so powerful that it is sucking the water faster than the pipes can supply it, so (probably the hot one) is sucking in air.

Unless you have any slight leaks on the pump inlet which enable it to suck air in.

Is there any way of regulating the power and speed of the pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back