Power to the garage

The cooker cable already runs down the inside of the wall, and as the kitchen was "professionally" fitted I assume that its ok.

I won't put a socket on it then!!

I'm going to have the main CU for the house replaced at some point so I'll get the whole lot certified when thats done. Should keep any potential buyer happy.

Sponsored Links
The cooker cable already runs down the inside of the wall, and as the kitchen was "professionally" fitted I assume that its ok.
Professionally fitted by professional kitchen fitters?

Who aren't necessarily any good at electrical installation work.... :confused:

Professionally fitted by professional kitchen fitters?

Who aren't necessarily any good at electrical installation work.... :confused:

Fair point, but as the internal walls are all plaster board walls how else would you run the cable????

define "void" for us...

the gap between bricks, or the gap between the brick and the plasterboard...?

Sponsored Links
Dont see your point......how about you just tell me if I've used an incorrect term instead of putting it all in bold

Just stressing that you originally said the cables were in the cavity between the kitchen and garage, and now you're saying they're behind plasterboard on the kitchen wall.

Just stressing that you originally said the cables were in the cavity between the kitchen and garage, and now you're saying they're behind plasterboard on the kitchen wall.

Yeah, i have plasterboad, then brick, and on the otherside of the brick wall is my garage, the wall is shared, its an attached garage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back