powermax 155 combi boiler not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, could any of you help! i have a powermax 155 combi boiler and it sometimes works and some time dose not! it is about 6 years old, and what happens is, when its time for the boiler to come on sometime's the green pilot light does not come on and then i don't get any heating or hot water but you can hear it working, if you switch the boiler off on the mains spur and switch it back on agin the boiler fires up and all is ok. this only use to happen every now and then but now it is getting nearly every day which is a pain. would be grateful if anyone knows what the problem is.

Sponsored Links
The green light is a ,burner on indication and not a pilot light . Is your boiler regularly seviced ? This is a difficult question to answer , without being in front of the appliance . Your problems with the boiler usually require an engineer familiar with the powermax range , to effect a proper repair . I suggest that you contact BG . , or Baxi Heat-Team . The usual suspects with this type of boiler are , gas valve ,air pressure switch ,electronic control , H.T. electrode and lead , but could also be sump full of water . This boiler , as stated ,requires a competant engineer to resolve the problem .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back