Powermax DeScaling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
My rescued Powermax 185 boiler is starting to make quite a few banging noises inside, which I assume is kettling. What's the procedure for descaling one of these beasts ?

I've seen you can get Sentinel Boiler Noise Reducer, is this the solution ? If so how often do you need to re-add it, as I believe it stays in the boiler permanently.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Add X400 to the central heating system for a couple of weeks, running it everynight for at least 1 hour.

Then when you come to draining down, turn on the central heating system until hot, then switch off the boiler and drain the system completely.

Fill the system back up then drain again.

Finally fill back up adding x100 inhibitor and x200 noise reducer, leaving these in the system, all should be sorted. There will be no need to re-add it unless you drain the system again for any reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back