PowerTools for Solid wood floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

what is the best powertool to cut perfectly straight lines for 28mm thick solid wood plank flooring? I already have a jigsaw but that doesn't seem sturdy enough - would a circular saw be the 1 and which model/brand is a good 1.

cheers

Sponsored Links
are you talking already fitted or cut to fit!!!

cut to fit, the planks are coming in various lengths as the longest length is 7m's but have ordered most boards slightly longer than needed. The boards are all going down parallel and not in decreasing lengths.

cheers!

what other jobs have you got lined up!!

pull saw /mitre saw/ compound mitre dependant on future projects

Sponsored Links
as all the cut ends will be hidden under skirting [if i understand this correctly]
just get yourself a cheap and cheerfull chop saw and sell on e bay when finished or hire a mitre saw

as all the cut ends will be hidden under skirting [if i understand this correctly]
just get yourself a cheap and cheerfull chop saw and sell on e bay when finished or hire a mitre saw

Or buy my old ferm one off me (a small step up from a power devil) did my floor, and now I've got a swanky compound mitre (with broken laser) jobby so I dont need it. Yours for £30 :LOL:

Mind you postage would be about £20, and I think it only cost £40 :(

I got a B/Q redthingy sliding mitre saw for £40 (was reduced) and that managed to do my lounge flooring.

The blade needs replacing & the laser out misaligned but it was enough to do the job.
Unfortunately it is going to cost more than its worth to replace the blade :(

Is it soo heavy? Use Parcel Force and reduce your postage costs

maybe you should use parcel force to reduce your postage costs lol :LOL: :D
What's funny about it? We use parcel force for those parcels where the post office would charge us more for. I know the tow 'companies' are connected but still, I've tried it out and where PF is cheaper I use them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back