Preparation for floor levelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete floor with the cavity covered by plywood. I want to apply self-levelling compound.

There are some cracks in the concrete floor, especially on the edges where plywood is installed but not only.

The plan is :
1. seal the cracks in the concrete
2. seal the gaps between concrete and plywood
3. seal the holes with screws in the plywood
4. apply acrylic primer
5. apply the floor self-levelling compound.

I would appreciate if you can suggest the materials for all these steps and maybe add more information if I missed anything.

thank you.

Sponsored Links
I have no idea - it is covered by plywood but I assume there are pipes. this is ground floor apartment.

Take some photos please. If there are pipes or cables you may need to wrap them. I'd take up the ply and repair the floor.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by repair the floor? In a way this is exactly what I am trying to do :). But If I a seal the gaps and holes, why do I need to wrap the pipes? the worst case scenario I will use more levelling compound then actually required. No?

If you have a concrete floor with defects, it makes sense to repair the concrete.

Pictures will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back