Pressure Drops & the Red Light starts Blinking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the Worcs 28cdi boiler and every month or so pressure drops to 0-bar and the red light starts blinking on and off. I get no heating & hot water till the pressure is built up again. The pressure is set to 1.5 bars.

Is it regular or there is something wrong with the boiler. can someone please help.

many Thanks
B

Sponsored Links
Have you got any visible leaks on your heating system or damp patches? If no, then tape a plastic bag over safety discharge outlet a monitor it to test pr valve

gas4you said:
Have you got any visible leaks on your heating system or damp patches? If no, then tape a plastic bag over safety discharge outlet a monitor it to test pr valve

nope there are no leaks!!!!

Then its out with the plasy bag then! What pressure does the system run at when all rads are hot?

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Then its out with the plasy bag then! What pressure does the system run at when all rads are hot?

When the system is normal and not on the pressure stays at 1.5 bars. when the central heating is on the pressure increases to 2.2 to 2.5 bars.

You could try dropping the cold pressure to just over 1 bar. This hopefully will give around 2 bar when hot. Still get the plasy bag out thoug to check discharge pipe.

gas4you said:
You could try dropping the cold pressure to just over 1 bar. This hopefully will give around 2 bar when hot. Still get the plasy bag out thoug to check discharge pipe.

when i keep the pressure to 1 bar. it does go up to 2 bars, but the pressure drops very quickly in a week to 0 and the heating and hot water stops and I have to build the pressure once again.

Yes, you DO have a leak.

For a pressure rise situation, excess pressure is ejected through PRV. When system cools, pressure is equal to what remains in the system. It would fall but not to zero. Leak on the other hand, would steadly reduce system pressure until pressure within is at zero.

A leak anywhere in the system (does not have to be big to leave a wet patch) will eventually result in zero system pressure.

plate heat exchanger could be leaking across(very slightly) to primary circuit.

prv leaking

Excessive air in system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back