pressure gauge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi drained down my system today on a worcester cdi28 but the pressure gauge will not move even with the system empty it is showing 1 bar.have filled back up and every thing seems to work ok but gauge is not moving,do these gauges fail if not could it be something else
cheers

Sponsored Links
Your gauge seems to be jammed!

That happens when the water is dirty as the capillary tube is very thin and easily blocked.

Sometimes a needle in the sending end will clear it.

You can fit a standard gauge on the pipework.

Tony

Your gauge seems to be jammed!

That happens when the water is dirty as the capillary tube is very thin and easily blocked.

Sometimes a needle in the sending end will clear it.

You can fit a standard gauge on the pipework.

Tony
hi will a new gauge solve this

The gauge probe plugs into a manifold-like connection on CDI. Dirt usually collects in the port. It is that which needs cleaning, not a new gauge.

Sponsored Links
The gauge probe plugs into a manifold-like connection on CDI. Dirt usually collects in the port. It is that which needs cleaning, not a new gauge.
is this a diy job or do you think i need to call a plumber

goodekebab";p="930793 said:
is this a diy job or do you think i need to call a plumber[/quote
hi took it all apart today pulled the wire out from the manifold it was pretty dirty cleaned all that out and flushed a bit of water through cleaned the plug on end of gauge,gauge was still showing 1 bar even off the boiler put it all back together but still not working do i need a new gauge?cheers]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back