Pressure HELL!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why on gods earth is the pressure in my combi system dropping?!!

I set it to about 1.5 - 1.6 cold, but over the course of a week it will of dropped down to 1 - 1.2. Another week and its even lower.

I know the obvious answer is a leak in the system, but there is no reason for me to believe any of the pipes are leaking. I have checked all the radiators and they are not leaking either. Also the pressure drop is so slow it suggests its not a fault in the plumbing, would you agree??

Are there any parts in the boiler that could be causing this? I have NO knowledge of boilers so dont know what to look for, but i want to know if there is a chance its the boiler before i get a plumber out.

Also, is this a common problem/fault?

Sponsored Links
There may well be parts inside your boiler causing the pressure loss but as you have not told us the make and model then we cannot say anything further at this stage.

Have you looked under the floor?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back