pressure increase when tap is turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To give a little background on my worcester 24cdi...

i've recently decorated my spare room and had removed the radiator for access to wall ( closed both valves and drained pressure from radiator via bleed valve - system pressure not affected). Replaced and bled rad via bleed valve and checked system pressure and was around 1 bar (i think it was at that pressure prior to me removing rad) - increased pressure to just over 1.5 bar.

Everything has be ok for 2 days and now when i turn the heating or hot tap on the system fires up then pressure increases to 3.5 bar when the pressure relief valve kicks in - also there is a few banging/bubbling noises but i'm not sure if thats the relief valve operating??

Is it possible i've disturbed the sludge in system and has now blocked system?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
looks straight forward - but could you explain the benefit in doing this? is it to drain/dislodge and foreign objects from system?

thanks

Sponsored Links
No, It sounds like your has lost its pressure, that is how to check and fix if it as

she's a runner - drained refilled and bled. Could it have been an airlock?

How cab air in the system increase pressure?? i would have thought it would have an opposite effect? especially around pump

Thanks for your quick replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back