Pressure Problems with Vokera Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new Vokera Synergy E boiler installed in the middle of December - along with new radiatirs and new pipework. Since then the pressure level has been a constant problem. Initially it would drop from 1.5 to .5 bar every 4/5 days. The contracter has been out and cliams to have fixed a leak on a radiatior and under the floor which improved matters. However, pressure is still dropping but now only over a 4 week period. Is a drop of pressure over a month OK or is there still a problem?

Sponsored Links
Call the installer back. You should not accept such a pressure drop over less than 1 year, especially if it's an all new installation. Was the installer Corgi registered?

I think that that is a little too strict.

My view is that from 1.5 Bar to 1.0 bar over 2-3 months is the limit of acceptability on a new system.

Tony

Thanks, guys. Yes, the installer was CORGI registered. Tony, do you mean a drop of 0.5 bar over 2/3 months in a new system? Should it settle down as the system gets older?

Sponsored Links
I would have to say that there should be no drop in pressure.

If the radiators and plumbing is old, then it could be a problem as minute leaks will lead to pressure loss.

Topping up constantly will lead to premature system failure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back