Pressure sound in mains pipes - why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
am a bit mystified by a background water pressure sound in my mains pipes. A callout service suggested I had a leak under my kitchen floor so I had the kitchen ripped out, tiles up, hole dug in the concrete, but nothing found. As there are no leaks anywhere else (the two cold tanks in the attic are fine) I can only think of the front of the house where I had a hole dug last year to replace a faulty stopcock with a plastic to lead joint so I guess there might be a change in pressure there, but why now?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Turn your main stop tap off in the house and listen, If you still hear a noise turn the main off in the street,
If you still hear a noise have your hearing tested

Has next door constantly got their water running or a leak? I have had a similar problem with the constant sound as if a tap was running in the house and it was them..

If you can still hear the noise after shutting off your external stop tap, there may be a leak in the water main close to you, which your water supply company would be interested to know about.

A few years ago I noticed a persistent noise from our water main, so I contacted Thames water about it. Within a couple of hours a crew turned up and dug a tiger trap in the road, where they found a split in a 4" main.

Sponsored Links
Hi all
am a bit mystified by a background water pressure sound in my mains pipes. A callout service suggested I had a leak under my kitchen floor so I had the kitchen ripped out, tiles up, hole dug in the concrete,

thanks
:eek: WHO were they :?: Not a change in pressure - definitely a leak somewhere as the guys say :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back