Price of lithium ion batteries

Sponsored Links
9ah half the size of 5ah...
How is that possible?
Because what I wrote was, "The 9Ah are about half as big again as the 5Ah ones, so not that big..."

- or in other words one and a half times as large, innit?

41CvN6UHIcL._AC_SY780_.jpg

41fwIFcDxmL._AC_SY780_.jpg

I've just bought a pair of genuine M12 Milwaulkee 6ah batteries for £117, there were plenty of knockoff ones for under £30 each but you get what you pay for imho.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I’d done that but there were multiple sellers. I thought if yours were ok then that would narrow the odds of a baddie if I purchased from the same one.
The guys I bought from were in Manchester if that helps. I think they have two or three eBay accounts

1B8A55D1-47BB-46B1-A181-C8547E223E24.jpeg
The guys I bought from were in Manchester if that helps. I think they have two or three eBay accounts
Bought one from a seller from Manchester so fingers crossed.
I weighed a 5ah makita and 9ah Waitley battery to see if I could work out, on paper at least how much was in the latter.
Makita 625gms = 125 gms/ah
Waitley 875gms = 97gm/ah
So by my reckoning the Waitley is closer to 7ah unless they can extract more ah from less weight?
Ive not tried the battery yet but will be interesting how well it performs in my Battery eating chainsaw.

View attachment 236223
Bought one from a seller from Manchester so fingers crossed.
I weighed a 5ah makita and 9ah Waitley battery to see if I could work out, on paper at least how much was in the latter.
Makita 625gms = 125 gms/ah
Waitley 875gms = 97gm/ah
So by my reckoning the Waitley is closer to 7ah unless they can extract more ah from less weight?
Ive not tried the battery yet but will be interesting how well it performs in my Battery eating chainsaw.
You have a battery operated chainsaw???
I don't know if I'm more shocked that they produce such things or that there's a market for it.

In use I find they are more like having two 4Ah batteries, possibly because there is a lower discharge limit that the tool won't let you exceed. In any case even at 7Ah they still last longer than a 5Ah and are a lower price...

You have a battery operated chainsaw???
I don't know if I'm more shocked that they produce such things or that there's a market for it.
I know a pro gardener who has one, too. Twin battery Makita jobbie. He rates it highly for trimming work, but still isn't going to give up his Kubota just yet. They are dead handy for cutting out damaged joists, etc as well - only problem is that he HSE don't like them

Just an update from my post regarding my assumed 7ah of the Waitley 9ah purely by comparing the weight to a Makita 5ah .
Ive just charged a flat 5ah Makita battery plugged in via an energy monitor which registered 100watts to fully charge.
I then repeated with the Waitley 9ah one and it took 150watts to charge so read into that what you will:)
Based on my experience of how the Waitley has been performing over the last year I wouldn't think my 7 ah assessment was too far out and am more than please with the cost per ah of them

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back