Prices for garages and extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello good people, i am going to ask an impossible question here, and i am probably going to get slated for it..
But i am looking to move house, and i am thinking about having some building work done on a house that we are looking for, we haven't seen a property yet, but i am wondering what the costs would be, if we get a house without a garage or extension, can anyone give me a ball park figure to have these built, perhaps a minimum to maximum? We live in South Yorkshire

Small kitchen extension, perhaps 8 feet x 8 feet with a tiled roof
An average sized garage on a concrete base unattached to the house. flat roof and tiled.
A garage attached to the house with a tiled roof.

i honestly dont have a clue what prices are these days, but i cant call out a local builder because we havent got any particular house in mind.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
So, you want to know the price of an unknown extension, on an unknown house in an unknown place?

I suspect that would mean that it will cost an unknown price.

Approx £300-£1k per m² for a garage
£800-£4k per m² for an extension

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back