Pricing a job.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being a newby at plastering I have already done a couple of jobs, with more on the way. Just wondering what the going rate is say for a wall. Example being one wall in my living room measuring approx 7.3sqM. I take it a ceiling would be slightly dearer. Mike.

Sponsored Links
It all depends on what you want/think you should earn in a day.

If I did one wall it would only take half a day with all the prep work and cleaning up after. I always charge a bit extra for half day jobs as its normaly too late to go and start another.

The size of the wall wouldnt really effect the price too much only in materials and thats not a lot.

It doesnt take that much longer to do a larger wall than a small wall as you have to wait for the plaster to set. Unless you speed it up by using dirty water, cement etc....

Ceilings are more expensive but once again it what you want to earn from it.

The rates for plasterers are different over the country so just see what plasterers are earning in your area and use that as a guide.

I can understand pricing a complete house or a small development contract per. sq/m but I think pricing individual walls or even rooms by the sq/m is largely irrelevant if working alone. You’re restricted to the minimum cycle time for one mix & the largest wall is going to take just as long as the smallest although you can ½ the total time by doing the opposing 2 walls from the same mix. I don’t know what our other regulars do but I price based on what I can achieve in one day in 4 x 2 hour sessions x my day rate rather than per sq/m. This generally equates to an average size room, minus the ceiling or small room including the ceiling.

A ceiling is usually rather larger in sq/m than the largest wall in the room but much harder work for most mortals. Your still going to be bound by the maximum time you’ll have before the mix goes off on you but going to have to work a bloody site quicker & harder to get it done in a 2 hour slot but I do add on a bit for my aching shoulder; I still hate ceilings :cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back