Prima boiler not starting after system drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok hopefully someone can help dig me out of a hole,...

Nicked a rad pipe while fitting some flooring today, and after swimming for a while managed to drain the system down.

Soldered new pipes in but when refilling system the boiler dosent fire up

The pump sounds on, and someone mentioned on another thread about checking impeller?
Can I run the pump with water drained, as I can remove the bleed screw to check but can't do this with water running

I have bleed all radiators but doesn't seem like there's much pressure

I have a prima f40 boiler

Thanks hopefully someone's can help

Sponsored Links
Looking at the Grey plastic cover on the lower part of the boiler, look up at the bottom you will see a finger sized hole near the centre, there is a reset button behind the panel stcik your finger in the hole (ohh-err missus) and you will find a small reset button (Overheat Stat) this may have tripped as a result of being drained ;)

Mate that worked first time

It's like a circuit breaker, was popped out, after a reset fired up right away

You don't know how happy I am, your advice was spot on

Righht, better get back to laying that floor, only 25m2 to go!!!

Sponsored Links
Ha yeah tell me about it I'm mad for it as well

Had it in on the background and gonna watch the second half now, happy, with a beer!

Thanks again

Sorry boilerman me again

After them disappointed of the penalty shoot I've put on the boiler and after about 1 minute it stops again, the cb triped once

Would this mean there air in there as after it stops there are gurgling noises

I have bled the rads, pumps etc

Update

It seems to be running better now, maybe there was just a lack of water in the system as I got a bit more air out the upstairs rads,

Will let it run for a bit and bleed some more

Still a few gurgling noises from boiler

Ok, been playing about with it for a day or not really got anywhere

The hot water works perfectly,

However, several of the downstairs rads are cold

When I turn most of them off to try and force the cold ones to heat up the boiler goes on for about a minute then shuts down

Can anyone shed any light on this and what I shoulda try doing?

The system was working ok before it got drained yesterday

Apologies for writing and replying to my own post but finally got the downstairs rads to work,

It appears it's just air.

I let the system run for 15 mins, wait for a gurgle hear and there, bleed e rads. And repeat

The system seems to be coming back to life just Think its air that's making it's way through the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back