Prima LPR600 Dishwasher - 4 Flash Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Anyone know what the 4 Flash Cycle on the start button represents on the Prima LPR600 Fully Integrated Dishwasher? And, possibly any techniques to remedy the fault?

It seems to kick in on any cycle after < 5 minutes. I'm not sure if it is washing anything. Although if I repeatedly keep restarting the dishwasher some cleaning definitely occurs.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Is it possible to fix DIY or would you recommend I try and get an approved engineer in?

I'm based in the Isle Of Man and I'm not sure Whirlpool or Prima will even have an approved engineer local.

I noticed a similar issue, you advised to 'Check for blockages and clean the pressure switch. Make sure the drain hose isn't syphoning'. Being a complete novice where would I start with any of these suggestions? It will be quite a task to even get behind the dishwasher!

Possibly a coincedence but the draining issue started immediately after having out boiler serviced. Could this be triggered by water pressure as this has been noticeably poorer since the service?

Unlikely it's the drop in water pressure . That should give error F6 or F7 but don't discount it as the electronics can misreport faults.
F4 is a draining issue. The pressure switch is inside the dishwasher cavity, remove the filters and the mesh, you'll see in the bowl a black grid. Clean it out but be careful as the membrane can be easily punctured.
If the drain hose is onto a spigot under the sink, check that this hasn't blocked up.
Failing that you'll need the help of a professional. It doesn't have to be a Whirlpool engineer, any company should be able to repair this machine.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I will try this over the weekend.

Out of interest, how can the pipe become blocked, as the membrane looks like quite a filter (I believe the drainage goes straight out of the house

If it's onto a spigot then anything going down the drain can back up into the dishwasher drain hose and in severe case into the dishwasher itself.
From the dishwasher, rice is a favourite one plus any other gunk that accumulates. Virtually any food stuff will break down and get into the system.
Same under the mesh filter, anything that manages to get past the filter can block the pressure switch and also the spray arms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back