Primer/undercoat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps, I’m wanting to paint some kitchen units that are currently unpainted solid pine with a slight sheen to them. Having thoroughly cleaned the surfaces and sanded them down with medium/coarse sandpaper to provide a key and removed all dust, I’m finding that the primer/undercoat (Dulux trade quick dry primer undercoat for wood) doesn’t seem to be drying properly. It feels a little damp to me even after a day or two, and I can pick it off with my fingernail here and there. Obviously, this is going to prevent me progressing to the top eggshell colour coat. What am I doing wrong ? Should I wait longer ? If I wait a few days and then apply my top coats, will the primer/undercoat cure over time under the top coat and eventually adhere properly ? Grateful for any advice. Keith

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back