prob with worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
got a prob with a worcester 24i, on demand the boiler fires for about 15 secs, then shuts down, its not the pump( exchanger overheat), i have a feeling its something to do with the flame recognition system as the boiler continue's to spark after the burner has lit and then shuts down?
anyone had any simalar problems with worcesters?

p.s yes in i am registered, (i know how annoying it is when jo bloggs start s asking technical questions!!)

fergie

Sponsored Links
First thing to enter my head - check the flame recognition electrode /wire/connection to the pcb. Flame in contact with said electrode?
Got a sensitive enough meter to measure the current? (careful or you'll zap your meter!)

If you want to check the flame senser look for betweem 4- 6micro volts but its easier to just replace it than check it. Crossed polarity will allso gave the same fault so check if any wireing has been done then check boiler, but its usually the flame senser. ps i assume your min gas pressure is ok (around 0.5mb at least )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back