Problem finding someone who can make this window..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents

As part of an industrial conversion I need to replace some windows that are wood frame semi-circular. The width of the window is 4 metres, the height of the window is 2 metres, so they're essentially a perfect semicircle

It's proving to be a nightmare of a job: My preferred supplier can make them in uPVC but say they will need additional support for wind loading and cannot calculate what support. They cannot make them in aluminium because they can't bend that size of curve

A similar story is returned everywhere I ask; noone can bend the aluminium.

I've asked the original supplier to make all the straight parts of the window frame in alu, make the bent part from a similar profile and colour in PVC and I'll find a way to fix them two parts together (i'm from a family of engineers; i'm convinced it's possible) - but they seem reluctant to help me out

Can anyone help out with:
suggestions for suppliers with machines big enough to bend the aluminium,
or someone who can calculate what internal bracing to apply so that PVC can be used,
or a supplier who would be willing to supply me the frame in 2 parts, potentially different materials and leave the jointing to me?

Sponsored Links
try universal arches, maybe two frames with a steel upstand would work

Easily enough made out of wood, so why PVC/Aluminium?? ...pinenot :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back