Problem monoblock tap: How do I access the washer?

Sponsored Links
your pic won't enlarge so hard to see.

but looking at the design and they are all basically the same
the chrome top ring will unscrew.

try giving it a spray first with abit of lube.

your pic won't enlarge so hard to see.

but looking at the design and they are all basically the same
the chrome top ring will unscrew.

try giving it a spray first with abit of lube.

you were spot on matey1 came of in a jiffy with some mole grips! and then it was just a little tug and booofff its in my hand now!

im giving it a soak to try and resolve the leaking issue, but have contacted BRITSPAN for a part no and potential cost!

thanks so much for your help!

give it a soak in vinegar overnight.
may work may not as the limescale can scratch the cartridge etc.
probably be about £30 up.

Sponsored Links
with your help got the damn thing out in a jiffy! soaked it for quite a few hours, but i think the damage is beyond repair, time for a new cartridge. i have contacted them directly, so will order from there!

thanks for all your time and help in this case! much much appreciated

darren, I have just done this exact job. You will need to use a mole grip is probably best and just pull the unit out, then you will need to get a new cartridge and it just pushes in, secure with the brass nut tighten allan key and hey ho away you go, no leaks
beryl

:mrgreen:
maybe buy a new one is best choice

beryl said:
darren, I have just done this exact job. You will need to use a mole grip is probably best and just pull the unit out, then you will need to get a new cartridge and it just pushes in, secure with the brass nut tighten allan key and hey ho away you go, no leaks
Looking at the date of the last post might be a good idea as well. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back