Problem opening new upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a UPVC door from ebay and have it at home. Its an Anglian double glazed door, but came with the handle and lock not fitted. I have fitted both lock and handle, but they do not operat to open the door. Any ideas what else I need todo to opne it ?

Sponsored Links
You may have tried this, but:

Turn the key in an "unlocking" direction, at least one full turn, so you can remove the key, before pushing the handle (a long way) down. Usually lifting the handle up will raise the locking bar on the edge of the door, engaging a number of hooks or rollers or bolts. You might be able to see this bar moving from the "inside" of the door. The lock will throw its own bolt, and also prevent this locking bar from moving once it is in the "locked" position.

You could try taking the handle off, so you can watch the spindle moving the follower in the lock. I don't know if it's possible to fit the handle in more than one position (e.g. the door was already locked, and you fitted the handle in an "unlocked" position.)

p.s, I assume when you say lock not fitted, you mean just the oval Eurocylinder? And you have fitted it with the turning cam upwards?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back