Problem restarting Amtec boiler - no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I replaced a dead Myson CP53 pump on a pressurised Amptec water+heating system. That was easy enough but after restarting the system I found that there is no water at all going through the pump (I did open to valves surrounding it). Another problem is that the new pump makes one major racket but that's one for the reseller.

Thanks for any help,
EH

Sponsored Links
One quick Update: the pressure vessel dial shows no pressure. However, contrary to some sites I found on the matter in this one the air vent is located at the bottom.

It will probably be easy enough to pump air to 1bar with a bycicle pump but wanted to double check that's the right thing to do.

Thanks

You need to put water in the system, not air in the vessel.

Do you have a filling loop.

;)

Sponsored Links
I believe I found the two ends to connect the loop to, unfortunately not the loop itself.

One quick question: will I need to pump the air as well or only water to reach 1bar?

thanks for your help in any case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back