Problem with connecting washing machine waste hose to sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm here to seek for advice, the situation is that we have a machine machine that needs to be connected tothe waste pipe connector under the kitchen sink, the U like white plastic with a section pointing out for the washing machine.

Normally the waste hose pipe has a smooth rubber connector at the other end where you connect to the sink, you just connect it to it and it clicks and sticks to it. Now the problem we have is that someone has cut that bit off, and we are left with the actual grey hose plastic itself to connect to the sink, we do have a screw clamp to tighten it up, no matter how hard we tighten it up, its still leaking water when the washing machine is pumping out water.

The bottom line is that some kind of rubber has to go into the connector as it connects to the white kitchen sink connection to help make it water tight. Does anyone have any idea on what can be done here ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Can you replace the washing machine hose? for a hose with the correct end fitting

Failing that you will need to turn it up on end so that it hangs in the end of a vertical pipe. Normally get a U shaped guide with the machine for the hose so it hangs in. you may need to install a second u bend to stop smells.

Kev

Basically I need to be able to connect a raw hose to a small pipe, I understand from  a friend that there was a rubber washer by the hose to make it water tight, I reckon that's all I need to do right now and then tighten it well enough, i need a rubber washer that is a little about 2 inches long and not very wide diameter wise. Any ideas.

Changing the washing machine hose is d logical thing to do but I fear this is going to be major work.

Thanks 

Two wee tips that could help.....
Heating the end of the drain hose may cause it to become that little more co-operative and easier to push on (use a hair dryer or maybe a hot air gun - with care)
A smear of silicone over the plastic ribs of the under sink connection will usually seal any gaps - but try to push the drain hose on by about 20mm before tightening the jubilee clip.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, so what you are saying is to put some silicone selant by the white little pipe pointing out from the sink and designated for the washing maching waste pipe and then connect the host to put and push it as in as possible and then use the screw clamp to try and hold it tight.

Should I also pursue the rubber washer route ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, so what you are saying is to put some silicone selant by the white little pipe pointing out from the sink and designated for the washing maching waste pipe and then connect the host to put and push it as in as possible and then use the screw clamp to try and hold it tight.

Should I also pursue the rubber washer route ?

Thanks.

Yep, thats basically it......however, the drainage attached to the sink won't take kindly to being mauled about, so if you can unscrew the plastic inlet, then force your machine pipe onto that before reconnecting, so much the merrier.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back