Problem with Hazards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Can you please help a woman in distress, I have a Nissan Micra 03 (for my sins lol...). I was driving the car, when my Hazards came on on there own, and they now wont go off unless the battery is disconnected. Can someone give me any advice on how I can solve my problem. PLeeeeeeeeeese.

Love Jean x

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your hazard switch has gone faulty, a replacement should not cost much, can you remove the hazard switch yourself, if you can, try the indicators with hazard switch disconnected, if they still work then, thats the problem.
If, removing the switch makes no difference, then the problem is elsewhere.

Wotan

Hi Wotan,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply ... my partner has spent some time getting to the hazard light switch and eventually he disconnected the switch ... but the hazard lights continue to flash. At the moment we have disconnected the battery as the only way to get them to stop. Can't drive it anywhere so having a re-think. Thanks again for your help. :(

Jean, does your Micra have a factory (or otherwise) alarm fitted to it?
If not, I think you have a problem with the central locking system.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

Thank you for your help ... I'm not sure if it does have a factory alarm fitted. How could I find out? I does have a lock/unlock fob with keyless ignition. and it's the 1.4 16v 88 SX model 2003.

Seriously Jean I think its a visit to Mr. Nissan time......using your registration number they will be able to look at the spec for your car, and see what it has and hasn't got.
The only reason for my conclusions are that the only devices able to flash the indicators are the hazard switch (which you disconnected), the alarm system, and the central locking system. All have their own flashing modules.
Disconnecting your cars battery may have an adverse effect on its immobiliser too, so I wouldn't overdo that.
See if you can have a chat with the local Nissan service manager - the chances are he's seen it all before.
Good luck!
John :)

Hi John
Thank you so much for replying, you wouldn't think something as small as lights would cause all this problem. Why oh why can't they make things more easier instead of causing pain in bums lol.... for there car owners!!!.

Thank you once again.
Love Jean x

To Jean1952..

could you please post what the actual fault was, when it's finally discovered.
It may help others.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back