Problems with an Indesit W103

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Indesit will not run the wash cycle and the control knob just rotates continually. I'm getting an error code of 8. Does anyone know what that code means?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that information, so I guess the next question is how do you fix a 'stuck heater relay'? Does it require a new one or are they repairable?
Thanks for any further info.

Sponsored Links
Where is the 'computer' board located? Removed the top, no obvious sign. The only other access points seem to be the back or the bottom.
Thanks for any guidance.

yes at the back bottom right hand corner remove the rear cover to access it.

Quick question

I have 2 W103's sitting in my spares store both with PCB faults (owners scrapped) and neither have a second board

The trade places I have looked indicate just the top board/user interface.

Am I missing something.

the w103 has a board down the rear of the mc bottom right looking from the front .if the drum has a clamp round the back of the drum its a evo 1 mc .if its welded tank board is still at the back but its a evo 2 mc .only thing on the console is a selector switch which clicks round to indicate a fault . are you sure its not a wil 103 that has a small pcb at the top but controlled by the bottom one.

I will have to check when I get back as I am on hol in the states right now. You got me wondering now as I was pretty sure they are Indesit W103's

They got the usual mounting place for a bottom board but neither have one fitted and no wiring loom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back