Programmable thermostat with a HW advance button?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to install a system boiler and an unvented HW cylinder, both in our cellar and a 2-channel programmable thermostat in the living area. I know that sometimes I will need to override the HW cylinder programme - eg when we need two baths in quick succession. To get to the cellar I need to go outside the house, which is not so nice on a cold wet evening! Therefore the control system in the living area needs to have a HW override "button" as well as all the other facilities which programmable thermostats have nowadays. The only model I have come across with this specific feature is the Vaillant VRT 360. Does anyone know of another model which has this feature?

Instead of a 2-channel "programmable thermostat" I could go for a 2-channel "programmer" plus a separate room thermostat and the programmer would provide the HW override button. However I don't think this system would provide important features such as separate room temperature settings for each time period or setback temperature setting or boiler modulation? Am I missing something here?

Would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. [/img]

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Honeywell Sundial RF² Pack 3.

It's a two channel wireless programmer with separate wireless room thermostat and wireless cylinder thermostat.

Thanks for this info. I've had another look at the User Instructions for this equipment on the Honeywell site and it certainly provides the HW boost button.

Unlike some programmable thermostats, it does not provide room temperature set back or separate room temperature settings for each time period. Does anyone think these are useful functions to have? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back